1777 Third Street
Detroit, MI 48226
(877) 888-2121 - Phone
(888) 646-3387 - Reservations
(877) 646-3868 - Meeting/Events
(NYSE: MGM)™ A wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International
- Temporary site – 1999
- Permanent site – 2007
Art Deco style
- 90-minute flight from 60 percent of the nation's population
- 18 miles from Detroit's Metropolitan Airport
- One mile from Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Close to two side-by-side stadiums: Comerica Park and Ford Field
- Anchors the city's entertainment district
M life: The rewards program that gives you the power to earn benefits for virtually every dollar
you spend. That means you'll be rewarded for enjoying hotel, dining, entertainment, and spa experiences, along with your slot and table play.
Guests age 21 and older allowed on casino floor (including Palette Dining Studio, Breeze Dining Court, and TAP) Families are welcome in TAP through the hotel entrance only. Minors will not be permitted in TAP past 10pm.
Approximately 3,000 employees, half of which are Detroit residents
Company is one of the top 15 employers in Detroit
4 Diamond Award winner by AAA
Hotel and IMMERSE Spa are Forbes 2012 Four-Star Recipients
Front Feature - Grand Garden
Fast Facts: Property Amenities
More than 100,000-square-feet of gaming space, including a premium poker room, high-limit lounge, and non-smoking slots parlor
- Open 24 hours
- Detroit's premier poker room
- More than 90 table games
- Over 4,000 slots and video poker games
- Non-smoking slots parlor
- M life (cross-property loyalty program):
- Gives members access to rewards, privileges, and members-only events at all 15 MGM Resorts destinations
- Separate entrance for hotel guests
- Private living room for hotel guests only
- 400 oversized rooms and suites with both wired and wireless Internet access
- 30,000 square feet of flexible event space, including the 14,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom
- Three meeting rooms and two executive boardrooms
- 18-story hotel tower
- Cost: $800 million
- Nightly room rate begins at $299
Only resort-style spa in southeast Michigan
- Nine luxurious treatment rooms for massages and facials
- Indoor infinity-edge pool
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Wolfgang Puck Steak
- Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina
- TAP at MGM Grand Detroit
- Palette Dining Studio (all-you-can-eat dining experience)
- Breeze Dining Court (quick-serve)
- Agua Rum & Tequila Bar
- Ignite Sushi Bar & Lounge
- INT ICE
- V Nightclub
Hotel Lobby "Living Room"
- The guest-only private "Living Room" features wall-length fireplace, and a dramatic backlit wall adornment with a cascading fountain
- Oversized ottomans, plush sofas and contemporary artwork from Michigan artist Herb Babcock complete the décor
- Living room serves as a gathering place to relax, wait for friends and business associates, or make reservations and requests via the dedicated concierge.
Guest Rooms and Suites
- 400 chic and stylish guest rooms starting at 510 square feet, including nine rooftop VIP suites and 56 opulent corner suites on the highest floors of the entertainment destination
- Rooms feature contemporary interior design by acclaimed hospitality firm Laurence Lee and Associates that emanate a warm ambiance with chocolate, dark cranberry and lime accents
- Oversized guestroom bathrooms, which make up nearly a quarter of total room size, boast spacious walk-in showers with double showerheads; a 15-inch plasma TV embedded in the mirror; Palisandro marble countertops; double vanity sinks; separate water closet; lighted make-up mirrors and products by H2O spa
- Advanced technological features include telephone "butler" with color touch-screen technology that enables guests to access property information, schedule wake-up calls, order room service and connect to the Internet without picking up the phone. With a simple touch of buttons, guests even may access stock updates and airline flight status.
- All rooms are appointed with a 42-inch wall-mounted plasma television and an IPOD docking station.
Wolfgang Puck Steak
Master Chef Wolfgang Puck has perfected the art of steak for an experience unlike any other at Wolfgang Puck Steak. Enjoy a mouthwatering array of grilled steaks and other fine meats, shellfish and fresh fish offerings along with a selection of richly flavored sauces and side dishes. Open Sunday - Thursday, 5pm - 10pm and Friday and Saturday 5pm - 11pm.
Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina
Savor a delicious tribute to the finest tastes of Italy in a casual restaurant experience that is perfect for mixing, mingling and dining! Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina features housemade pasta, Italian favorites and many of Master Chef Wolfgang Puck's signature oven-baked pizzas. Open Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday, 5pm - 10pm and Friday and Saturday 5pm - 11pm.
Introducing Detroit's newest old sports pub, TAP at MGM Grand Detroit! Enjoy comfort food and pub classics while catching your favorite sports game in a setting that captures the heart of Detroit's industrial age. With 50+ draught and bottled beers and 40+ flat-screen televisions, TAP has everything you need to enjoy the big game. Open Monday - Wednesday, 4pm - 12am and Thursday - Sunday, 11am - 1am.
Palette Dining Studio
Innovative all-you-can-eat tapas-style dining experiences range from Mongolian and Brazilian grills to fresh seafood, salads and desserts; open daily:
- Breakfast daily: 7am – 10am
- Monday – Thursday: 11am – 11pm
- Friday – Saturday: 11am – 12am
- Sunday: 10am – 10pm
- Brunch: Sunday 10am – 3pm
- Closed Wednesday and Thursday from between 3:45pm – 5pm
- Breakfast: $18
- Lunch: $22
- Dinner: $28
- Wednesday Seafood Night: $39
- Thursday Prime Rib and Shrimp Night: $32
Breeze Dining Court
Features five distinct dining options to satisfy any taste, appetite and budget:
Crunch: Home-style crispy comfort food; 24 hours daily
Red Sauce: Mexican and make-your-own-burrito station; daily, 10am – 4am
Bamboo: Asian favorites; daily, 10am – 4am
Relish: All-American hot dogs and sliders; daily, 10am – 4am
Sweets: Delectable desserts; daily, 10am – 4am
Lounges and Bars
MGM Grand Detroit's signature nightlife lounge delivers hot music, exotic cocktails and extraordinary special effects
Sensual images dance throughout the venue in an interactive light show spectacular as guests escape the boundaries of everyday life
- Favorite Detroit DJs – Double Vision Fridays with DJ Whip and Volume Saturdays with DJ Captn20 at V Nightclub
- Features intimate spaces for large and small groups including VIP areas with bottle service
- Dress code firmly enforced
- Open Friday – Saturday, 10pm – 2am
AGUA Rum & Tequila Bar
Guests are immersed in aquatic ambiance where every moment feels like an underwater escape; murmurs and bursts of laughter translate into electronic "waves" on the blue-textured ceiling
- More than 20 selections of tequila and rum
- Infused signature margaritas, caipirinhas and mojitos
- Open Thursday - Sunday, 5pm – 2am
IGNITE Sushi Bar & Lounge
From our intimate fire & ice wall and fire pit to our modern décor, get ready for true excitement:
Features a "living wall" that transforms from a massive wall of ice to a blazing inferno with real fire accents
- IGNITE features a sushi or tapas-style menu Thursday through Sunday to complement its signature martinis; and premium selection of whiskeys, scotches and cognacs
- Located on the third floor (elevator access off of the casino floor)
- Open Thursday – Sunday, 5pm – 2am
U-ME-DRINK is an enticing 360-degree center lounge that enhances guests' mood and elevates their game in the heart of the casino floor.
- Specialty drinks and cocktails
- Great selection of draft beers and wines by the glass
- Twenty plasma televisions for your viewing pleasure
- Open daily, 24 hours
A cozy piano lounge atmosphere where business and pleasure meet, INT ICE features sophisticated furnishings and classic cocktails perfect for a pre-dinner drink or an intimate after-dinner cocktail.
- Live entertainment on Thursday and Friday
- Large selection of single malt Scotches and Cognacs
- Open Wednesday – Thursday, 6pm – 1am; Friday – Saturday 6pm – 2am
The two-level 20,000-square-foot complex features a full-service spa; six treatment bungalows (including two couples' suites) set amidst a tranquil rock garden; wet room with Vichy shower; first-class salon; infinity-edge pool area with orbital lounges, state-of-the-art exercise facility; spa boutique; relaxation lounges; and separate vanity areas for men and women.
The spa and salon's expanded menu incorporates treatments found at the world's top resorts including the FourxTwo which offers massage by two therapists simultaneously; and Sonya Dakar's Cleanse Facial
Features 2,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art fitness center with premier cardiovascular and weight training equipment, treadmills, cross-training machines, free weights and elliptical trainers with built-in TV monitors/headphones
IMMERSE offers hotel guests complimentary access to the fitness and pool areas, locker room, showers, whirlpool and steam rooms. Non-guests may use facility with purchase of treatment at spa or salon, or they may purchase a day pass for $25.
Available to everyone 18 years and older
Daily Hours of operation for the spa, boutique and salon Tuesday – Saturday 8am – 8pm; Sunday 8am – 4pm;, fitness center and indoor pool Monday through Saturday, 6am – 10 pm, Sunday 8am – 8pm. For more information or to book an appointment, call (313) 465-1656.
Meeting and Events Center
Michigan's premier luxury meeting and events destination, the Center delivers unrivaled services and amenities for functions of all sizes
- 30,000 square feet of functional event space able to accommodate private parties, conferences and events
- Grand Ballroom features 14,000 square feet; divisible into four Grand Salons
- Three meeting rooms; 1,600 square feet each and able to divide in half
- Two executive boardrooms feature teleconferencing services, built-in multiple video plasma displays, and both wired and wireless high-speed Internet access
- Convenient freight access for automobile reveals and large product displays
- A complete line of basic audio, video and lighting equipment, along with professionally trained technicians, is available on-site. MGM Grand Detroit can provide support for a successful event of any size or technical complexity.
Call 877-MGM-EVNT (877-646-3868) for more information
MGM Grand Detroit is committed to strengthening the communities where we operate and our team members live. Through our "Touching Communities, Touching Lives™" initiatives, MGM Grand Detroit supports the following key community investment areas:
- Education (Detroit Public Schools, Schoolcraft College, Stuff the Bus Tour, Fall Coat Harvest etc.)
- Youth Development (Usher's New Look Foundation, Think Detroit PAL, Mosaic Youth Theatre etc.)
- Arts & Culture (Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Charles Wright Museum of African American History, Michigan Opera Theater, University Cultural Center Association etc.)
- Diversity (Detroit NAACP, LASED, Arab American Chamber of Commerce, Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce, Michigan Roundtable for Diversity & Inclusion, Detroit Area Agency on Aging, Steeping Out- Aids Walk)
- Community Development (River Days, America's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Detroit International Jazz Festival, Festival of Trees etc.)
- Team Member Engagement
MGM Grand Detroit supports over 400 charitable events throughout the year.
The MGM Resorts Foundation is the public foundation in which our team members have greater control an impact over their donations to a charity of their choice.
Throughout the year, team members pledge support through payroll deductions and fundraising events.
From 2002 to 2010, MGM Grand Detroit Team Members have donated over $1.7million to our community. This is over and above charitable and marketing sponsorships.
By the Numbers
- MGM Grand Detroit employs approximately 3,000 team members
- Percentage of Detroit residents - 51.25
- Percentage of minorities - 68.52
- Percentage of minorities in leadership positions - 51.91
- Percentage of women team members - 53.92
- Percentage of women in leadership roles - 43.37
- Percentage of our team members represented by unions - 80.16
Forbes Travel Guide – Four-Star Awards
Mobil Travel Guide (former name):
- 2009 – Hotel, IMMERSE spa
Steve Zanella, General Manager:
The rewards program that gives you the power to earn benefits for virtually every dollar you spend. That means you'll be rewarded for enjoying hotel, dining, entertainment, and spa experiences, along with your slot and table play. The personalized, tailored fit of M life means you get rewards that are more specific to you and the things you love to do. Benefits are determined by your Tier Level – Sapphire, Pearl, Gold, Platinum, or NOIR. And because you can earn and enjoy rewards at 15 renowned MGM Resorts International destinations, incredible possibility comes with amazing flexibility, too. Visit mlife.com for more details.
MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies, operating a peerless portfolio of destination resort brands, including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. The Company has significant holdings in gaming, hospitality and entertainment, owns and operates 15 properties located in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan, and has 50% investments in four other properties in Nevada, Illinois and Macau. One of those investments is CityCenter, an unprecedented urban resort destination on the Las Vegas Strip featuring its centerpiece ARIA Resort & Casino. Leveraging MGM Resorts' unmatched amenities, the M life loyalty program delivers one-of-a-kind experiences, insider privileges and personalized rewards for guests at the Company's renowned properties nationwide. Through its hospitality management subsidiary, the Company holds a growing number of development and management agreements for casino and non-casino resort projects around the world. MGM Resorts International supports responsible gaming and has implemented the American Gaming Association's Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming at its gaming properties. The Company has been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for its industry-leading Diversity Initiative, its community philanthropy programs and the Company's commitment to sustainable development and operations.
# # #
For more information regarding MGM Grand Detroit, contact:
Marx Layne & Co.
31420 Northwestern Highway, Suite 100
Farmington Hills, Michigan 48332